After charging the battery overnight on a trickle charger, I replaced the battery cable and tightened everything down, got in and the engine fired right up. So I procedeed to add some more tranny fluid, after the engine warmed up a bit I put the transmission in neutral to get a good level on the dipstick.
I guess the gear indicator on the steering column was a bit off kilter. When I put it in neutral, it ended up being drive and the car jumped ahead. Since the car’s brakes have not been fixed yet, Bam! It hit a shelf and broke a headlight. Also got a small dent near the headlight too. More work on the to do list and parts on on the shopping list.
Hey, at least I know the engine runs good and the transmission goes into gear!