Well, I was getting antsy so I finally went forth with a full days work on My 55 Chevy Bel Air. I decided I had been putting the wiring job off way too long, so today I started it. Sure it was still a bit hot outside, but not as unbearable as it had been. And disassembling was a bit less strenuous that assembling.
Someone suggested it would be a heck of a lot easier to take the seat out and get plenty of room. Good advice. It was so nice not having to hang over the seat all cramped up under the dash.
Of course as I went along, there had to be more surprises in store as I had in the past. This time, removing the plate along the rocker panel to get the wiring that runs to the back out, I found another oddity. Underneath the panel as you can see here, someone before me put the plate back on, but the hole under it apparently was a bit too big for a screw. So their ingenuity took over. Look closely at the green drywall anchor. If you have ever used this type of technology on your car, no offense. I have never seen it, which is why I got a chuckle out of it.
Of course that does mean more work for me. But you know, That’s what this project is all about…having fun!