I figured it was time to take some steps towards a new paint job. So I started to strip the paint from the hood. Before I started the hood though, there was a spot on the front bumper that I put paint stripper on back when I was cleaning the grill off. The stripper had dryed by now so I decided to see what was under the flaky paint by lightly sanding it off.
To my surpeise, there was a nice shiny bumper there. So I put the hood on hold and finished the bumper. It certainly looks a lot better now than it did with pink paint on it. I polished it up a bit too but It will probably have to be re-chromed (if there are any plating shops left the EPA hasn’t shut down!)